Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Green Thumb?

So, I've become inspired to grow a garden. That's right! So I spent hours today poring over books about planting seasons, and the latest freeze in Zone 5, and shade plants vs. sun plants and what kind of garden I would like best!
Well, as to what garden I like best, my house is very cottage-like, and I don't have a lot of time for upkeep, so I think that a cottage garden will work well because it's designed so that there's always color and the plants keep a majority of the weeds down. Also, lots of perennials avoid extra planting in the fall. Great fit!
I also based my plant choices from all of the books that I loved to read - Anne of Green Gables, etc. - and planted (indoors under a heat lamp) impatiens, sweet williams, morning glory, snapdragons, narcissus, spearmint, lavendar. All things that look beautiful and smell lovely as well. I can't wait! I won't put up a picture yet, because nothing is growing, but i"ll keep you updated!

0 comments: