Thursday, May 8, 2008

Appalachian Service Project


Tonight is a very big night. If you eat at Chick-fil-a in Greensburg tonight between 5-7 pm, your money helps missions! That's right, my church (www.charteroakumc.org) is fund raising with Chick-fil-a tonight. With a COC coupon, your meal still costs full price but 20% of your payment goes straight to Charter Oak's Appalachian Service Project. This mission trip sends a group from COC to Kentucky, WV, Tennessee or VA to build homes & do work to improve living conditions, as well as connect with the families in the area. It's a really cool idea! Plus, I get to enjoy chicken and a tasty milkshake and know I am helping people in my church to love people through this mission. I like that even those who are unable to attend the trip are able to be missionaries.
So eat up!

0 comments: