Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sheetz.

There are not many places where you can order a nice, hot meal and get an Arnold Palmer (1/2 tea, 1/2 lemonade) while waiting for your car to get gassed up. Or even to make-your-own milkshake while you check out what's going on with Brangelina and baby Shiloh. But at Sheetz, you can do it all. Today's menu? The not-so-healthy pepperoni and provolone 6 inch sub with a bag of french onion sun chips & a Lite Arnold Palmer made with green tea (that means the tea inside is green and pic of Arnie on the outside has a green background instead of black & white). Excellent.
But while I was catching up on Ashlee Simpson's upcoming nuptials, I also was able to make a phone call, think about adopting a German Shorthair puppy (they look cute even though I know they're insane), and contemplate whether a chocolate-chocolate Krispy Kreme is actually better than a classic glazed. Jury's still out on that one.
I think the traditional Sheetz clientele is interesting, too. At least the local one. In the time period I was there, I saw a local Giant Eagle employee, a mom and her three kids getting slushies, a guy buying a half-moon-pie and chocolate milk, and a dude loading up on cigarettes (filtered, at least).
So as I enjoy my delicious tasty food, I will try to forget that Sheetz sells inappropriate magazines in their stores, and simply appreciate the convenience and variety that it Sheetz.

0 comments: